It’s summer and that means taking your look to the next level. This year, we’re seeing some of the old classics coming back around and new styles turning heads on the runway. Since you’re not walking the catwalk or gracing the pages of Vogue you don’t have to go all out and take on an entire new wardrobe. Instead, try any of the following 10 best summer fashion trends and elevate your style easily.
- Cold shoulder dress: Now that the weather’s warm, show off those shoulders with summer’s top trend; the cold shoulder dress. Don’t forget to put sunscreen on your shoulders when wearing one of these trendy dresses!
- White sneakers: Men and women alike can benefit from a crisp pair of kicks. Whether you go with big names like Converse, Adidas, Reebok or smaller fare from a local designer, white sneakers give any look a casual touch.
- One-piece bathing suits: Bikinis and two-pieces have had their share of the spotlight and now it’s time for one-pieces to get their due. Hit the beach in style with a one-piece bathing suit.
- Rompers for all: Rompers aren’t just for women anymore. Enter the RompHim, a short jumpsuit designed for men. Pair your RompHim with white sneakers (#3), aviators (#9) and your new holster wallet (#10). Now, you’re ready for the summer festival circuit.
- Printed shorts: Looking for something to wear with your white sneakers (#2)? Get yourself a pair of printed shorts and you’re all set. Go for bold, colourful shorts with flowers, fun patterns or animal prints.
- Cropped tops: Now that you’ve got a pair of printed shorts (#5), what top do you wear? Forget a regular T-shirt and opt for a cropped top. And guys, don’t be shy, there are cropped tops for you too.
- Backless dresses: Not ready to expose your shoulders (#1)? Show off your lats instead this summer with a backless dress. Backless dresses are in and the more cutout the back of the dress is, the better.
- Everything in navy: Move over black because navy is the colour of summer. Navy is versatile and matches with everything from baby blue to pink to red to orange.
- Aviators: The classics never go out of style, which is why you’ll find aviator sunglasses on this list. Nothing says summer cool like a pair of aviators because they protect your eyes from the sun and look great.
- Holster wallets: Traditional wallets are out and holsters are in. Holster wallets free up your purse or pockets for other things like your keys or your aviators (#9) when you’re indoors.
Embrace these top 10 fashion trends and you’ll spend the summer of 2017 in style. Too bad you can’t wear them all at once!